Part No: LABLINE SPUTTER 5
Stock: 6-8 weeks
LAB Line Sputter 5™ – Cost-Effective Platform Optimized for PVD Sputtering Applications
The Kurt J. Lesker Company®LAB Line SPUTTER 5 is a thin film deposition system purpose built for magnetron sputtering deposition applications. A chamber design tailored to fit process needs, an industry best software control system with advanced programming capability, load lock capability, and numerous features for optimized thin film performance are a few of the advantages offered in this innovative design.
The LAB Line SPUTTER series is compatible with the following techniques:
- TORUS®Magnetron Sputtering (up to five sources)
- Custom configurations are available upon request
KJLC's innovative eKLipse software allows user-friendly recipe creation along with a graphical user interface that is intuitive for new PVD users whilst advanced for seasoned professionals. For more information on this intuitive, unique, and reliable software package, please see the Software Tab.
- R&D Sputter Deposition
- Microelectronics (Metals, Metal Oxides, Dielectrics)
- Data Storage (Magnetic thin films)
- MEMS and Nano Technology
- Superconducting Materials
- Josephson Junctions
- Biomedical Thin Films
- Optical Films and Photonics
Optimized Process Chamber
- Cylindrical 304L Stainless Steel chamber optimized for Magnetron Sputtering processes
- Nominally 14" O.D. x 20" High
- Chamber design is optimized for confocal sputtering source arrangement, compatible with UHV pressure regime, and allows convenient access for target change and maintenance
Vacuum Pumping & Gauging
- Turbomolecular Pump with an oil sealed roughing pump (dry pump optional). Base pressure for a properly conditioned chamber is 5 x 10-7torr
- Wide range Ion Gauge reads from atmosphere to 10-9Torr.
TORUS Magnetron Sputtering Sources (up to 5x)
- Up to five KJLC TORUS® magnetron sputtering sources
- TORUS 2" and 3" sources available
- Fitted with flex head assembly and KJLC Compact Dome shutters
- High strength magnet arrays available
- In-situ tilt arrangement available
Magnetron Sputtering Source Power Supplies (up to 5x)
- 500W, 1000W, and 1500W KJLC PD500X3 power supplies
- 300W and 600W KJLC RF power supplies
- 1kW and 1.5kW Pinnacle Plus HALO Pulsed DC power supplies
- Quartz crystal monitor is also available with sputtering options
- KJLC 150mm substrate fixture
- Rotating platen (up to 60 rpm)
- Up to 800°C heat
- RF/DC bias capability up to 100W
- Compatible with load lock transfer
- In-Situ throw distance adjustment
Load Lock Options
- Shared roughing pump with process chamber
- Optional switchable shared and independent pumping available
- Semi-automatic wafer loading
- Top loading door assembly, manual transfer arm with position sensors interlocked to system software
- Compatible with substrates up to 150mm
- Enclosed panel system base and electronics cabinet with above-board chamber access.
- Compact frame, 72" wide x 35" deep x 78" high
- Allows all electrical components to be safely housed behind lockable cabinet doors.
- EMO Protection is standard on all KJLC systems.
- Safety interlocks are standard on all KJLC systems.
Utilizing industry leading components allows KJLC to produce the highest quality PVD R&D tool on the market. Components and key manufacturing points are:
- One year warranty standard
- Quality Turbomolecular pumps
- CTI-Cryogenics®Cryopump Systems
- MKS Capacitance manometers and gas flow systems
- Inficon thin film crystal heads
- KJLC Torus sputter sources, and power supplies
- Orbital welding on all process gas lines / manifolds
- CE marking is a standard on the PVD75 with CSA and NRTL available upon request
KJLC® eKLipse Control Software
Kurt J. Lesker Company®eKLipse Controls Software is utilized on our PRO Line platforms. The eKLipse controls platform utilizes a .NET application running on a Windows7/8 PC for its User Interface and Recipe Editor. Equipment automation is accomplished via a standalone Real Time Controller.
◦ System control is completely independent of the PC – safety interlocks, vacuum operation, film growth, and wafer manipulation are all executed by the controller, regardless of whether the PC is connected or running.
◦ Software runs on any Windows XP or 7/8 PC in simulated mode for offline recipe editing and user training. Free runtime, no software key required.*
◦ Integrated real time quartz crystal monitoring and rate/thickness control (no third party software or hardware).
◦ This control platform was developed by KJLC's global engineering team and is supported by KJLC's global service center.
◦ KJLC eKLipse software code is audited by independent labs to ensure quality and reliability.