PRO Line PVD 75 – Versatile Sputtering, Electron Beam, Thermal, & Organic Evaporation Deposition Platform
- Electron Beam Evaporation
- Thermal Evaporation
- Magnetron Sputtering
- Organic Deposition
The Kurt J. Lesker Company®PRO Line PVD 75 is the next generation thin film deposition system based on the workhorse PVD 75 platform. With more than 400 units in service worldwide, the PVD 75 is a proven, robust, and versatile design. The PRO Line PVD 75 builds on the successes of the original design and has been developed with over 80 new and improved product features. A technically superior chamber design, an industry best software control system with advanced programming capability, automatic substrate loading, and numerous features for optimized thin film performance are a few of the key advantages offered in this innovative, best of class design.
The PRO Line PVD 75 is compatible with the following techniques:
- Thermal Evaporation (up to four individual boats)
- Torus®Magnetron Sputtering sources (up to four sources)
- Electron Beam Evaporation Source (6 x 2cc, or 4 x 8cc)
- LTE10 Organic deposition sources
- Combinations of the above techniques are also available.
- Custom configurations are available upon request
Load lock transfer has never been easier, more robust, more compact, or unique. Only KJLC®offers the LAS-150 load lock assembly. This innovative feature utilizes a portion of the control rack assembly to mount the rotary transfer arm. This allows the substrate to be mounted from the front of the control rack and be automatically transferred into the process chamber.
KJLC's newly redesigned software allows user friendly recipe creation along with a reliable, uninterruptable processing module that allows process completion, regardless of the state of the computer user interface.
Modular Process Chamber
- Box Shaped 304L Stainless Steel chamber: 14" wide x 14.69" deep x 24" high (356mm wide x 373mm deep x 610mm high), internal dimensions.
- This chamber comes standard with up to ten spare ports (2-3/4” CF). Please see the chamber drawing for a complete detail of all standard ports and their locations.
Vacuum Pumping & Gauging
- Turbo Molecular Pump with an oil sealed roughing pump (dry pump optional). Base pressure for a properly conditioned chamber is 2 x 10-7torr (2.67 × 10-7mbar).
- Wide Range Ion Gauge reads from atmosphere to 10-9 Torr.
TORUS Magnetron Sputtering Sources (up to 5x)
- Up to five KJLC TORUS® magnetron sputtering sources
- TORUS 2" and 3" sources available
- Fitted with flex head assembly and KJLC Compact Dome shutters
- High strength magnet arrays available
- In-situ tilt arrangement available
Magnetron Sputtering Source Power Supplies (up to 5x)
- 500W, 1000W, and 1500W KJLC PD500X3 power supplies
- 300W and 600W KJLC RF power supplies
- 1kW and 1.5kW Pinnacle Plus HALO Pulsed DC power supplies
- Quartz crystal monitor is also available with sputtering options
Electron Beam Evaporation Source
- KJLC KL6, four pocket (8cc) E-Beam source with 5kW solid state power supply
- Programmable sweep and automatic crucible indexing
- Optional KJLC KL-8, six pocket (20cc) E-Beam source with 10kW solid state power supply. Programmable sweep and automatic crucible indexing.
- Optional Linear UHV E-Beam source, (4) x 7cc pockets with 8kW solid state power supply. Programmable sweep and automatic crucible indexing.
Thermal Evaporation Source
- KJLC TE assembly, Up to four thermal evaporation sources (in sequential or co-deposition configurations)
- High output power options (3.3V @ 750A, or 6.6V @ 375A)
- Quartz crystal controller is available with thermal options
- KJLC 10cc LTE (Low Temperature Evaporation) source, suitable for Organic and low temperature materials (0-550°C)
- KJLC 200mm substrate fixture (max)
- Multiple small substrate holder
- Rotating platen (up to 20 rpm)
- Up to 850°C heat
- RF/DC bias capability up to 100W
- Compatible with load lock transfer (6" max)
- In-Situ throw distance adjustment
Load Lock Options
- Shared roughing pump with process chamber
- Optional switchable shared and independent pumping available
- Semi-automatic wafer loading
- Top loading door assembly, manual transfer arm with position sensors interlocked to system software
- Compatible with substrates up to 150mm
Fully enclosed system framework.
- Compact frame, 60" wide x 35" deep x 75" high (1524mm wide x 889mm deep x 1905mm high)
- Zero footprint wall mounting available
- Allows all electrical components to be safely housed behind lockable cabinet doors.
- EMO Protection is standard on all KJLC systems.
- Isolation transformer and safety interlocks are standard on all KJLC systems.
Utilizing industry leading components allows KJLC to produce the highest quality PVD R&D tool on the market. Components and key manufacturing points are:
- One year warranty standard
- Quality Turbomolecular pumps
- CTI-Cryogenics®Cryopump Systems
- MKS Capacitance manometers and gas flow systems
- Inficon thin film crystal heads
- KJLC Torus sputter sources, and power supplies
- Orbital welding on all process gas lines / manifolds
- CE marking is a standard on the PVD75 with CSA and NRTL available upon request
KJLC® eKLipse Control Software
Kurt J. Lesker Company®eKLipse Controls Software is utilized on our PRO Line platforms. The eKLipse controls platform utilizes a .NET application running on a Windows7/8 PC for its User Interface and Recipe Editor. Equipment automation is accomplished via a standalone Real Time Controller.
◦ System control is completely independent of the PC – safety interlocks, vacuum operation, film growth, and wafer manipulation are all executed by the controller, regardless of whether the PC is connected or running.
◦ Software runs on any Windows XP or 7/8 PC in simulated mode for offline recipe editing and user training. Free runtime, no software key required.*
◦ Integrated real time quartz crystal monitoring and rate/thickness control (no third party software or hardware).
◦ This control platform was developed by KJLC's global engineering team and is supported by KJLC's global service center.
◦ KJLC eKLipse software code is audited by independent labs to ensure quality and reliability.