JMG No: 1152012
Part No: F123603
Availability: Within 28 days
PIPETMAN Classic™: The Incarnation of Gilson's Reliability, the World Pipetting Standard!
The Pipetting Standard - Gilson's PIPETMAN Classic is designed and manufactured to provide you with a range of robust, accurate and precise pipettes. The PIPETMAN Classic is a fully adjustable, air-displacement pipette with the selected volume shown on a digital indicator (volumeter).
- Long product life and high resistance to agressive chemicals thanks to its stainless-steel and PVDF components.
- Air-tight seal with unique "dry seal" technology (grease-free).
Accuracy & Precision
- Performance exceeding ISO recommendations by an average of 50%.
- PIPETMAN P5000 and PIPETMAN P10ml are safer and more accurate than glass pipettes.
- PIPETMAN P2 and P10 models are ideal for molecular biology techniques (PCR, DNA sequencing, etc).
- PIPETMAN P20, P100, P200, and P1000 models are suited for small-volume dispensing of aqueous fluids of moderate viscosity and density (molecular biology, immunology, etc).
- PIPETMAN P5000 and P10ml models are ideal for large-volume dispensing of aqueous fluids of moderate viscosity and density.
More About the Features
- Tip-holder and tip-ejector are fully autoclavable to avoid cross-contamination.
- P2 and P10 are equipped with a dual position tip ejector allowing the use of PIPETMAN DIAMOND D10 (short tip) and DL10 (long tip).
- PIPETMAN P5000 and P10ml are equipped with a polyethylene filter that prolongs piston life and prevents contamination.
Gilson's standards are even more stringent than those required by governing bodies: On average, PIPETMAN permissible errors are 2 times better than those recommended by ISO 8655!
Our pipette manufacturing plant has its own accredited calibration laboratory to control the accuracy and precision of each and every Gilson pipette. Gilson pipettes are individually calibrated and delivered with a performance check report. Each pipette bears an engraved identification number for traceability.
Decontamination & Autoclaving
Your pipette could be contaminated accidentally. The most frequently contaminated pipette parts are the tip-ejector and tip-holder.
For this reason, each and every Gilson PIPETMAN has autoclavable lower parts.
Tip-ejector, tip-holder and connecting nut can be sterilised in the laboratory under the following conditions: Moist heat/121°C/20 minutes/1 bar.
For maintenance and decontamination procedures, please refer to the related PIPETMAN user's guide.
Gilson believe that the quality of their pipettes must be matched by the quality of their service. That is why John Morris Scientific operate a Gilson-authorised service centre. This repair and calibration centre duplicates the conditions of Gilson's own factory, with controlled environments and regular inspections. Qualified technicians at our centre, having completed extensive training by Gilson, are specialists in the repair, calibration, and operation of Gilson products.
Compliance with Standards
ISO standards and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) require that laboratories perform regular inspections and calibration certification. Whatever your requirements - ISO standards, GLP guidelines, metrology - our specialists can help you implement procedures that are suitable for your applications.